May 18, 2015

Weekend Update

Hey hey! It’s starting to get colder, cloudier, and rainier here, the telltale signs of NZ fall. It's funny; except for a little less colour in the trees fall still feels, looks, and smells like fall. Even though I’m on the other side of the world, it's amazing that fall still smells like fall.

Anyway, this Friday I went to my first ever rugby game!

IFSA group from the stands. 
The Auckland Blues played the South African Bulls in a Super Rugby mach. The Super Rugby union is one step down from the All Blacks, New Zealand’s most famous and all victorious international rugby team, and consists only of teams from Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. I was surprised there weren’t as many people there as I was expecting, but I guess the hype is not the same if it’s not the All Blacks.

 
Met one of the players...just kidding, it's a mask. 
Then Sunday I spent the morning planting trees as part of a volunteer activity on Motutapu Island with my IFSA Butler group.



It rained a bit in the morning, as it has pretty much every morning since the start of fall, but the small shower cleared up by the afternoon. After we planted we headed down to the shore for a “Sausage Sizzle” aka the classic kiwi bbq – a sausage on a slice of bread with tomato sauce, the perfect way to end a beautiful day.

Off to the water to dip my feet in.
What a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment